If you're looking for a restaurant, Edinburgh has a fair few, but none so fine as the Conservatory Restaurant at the Aaron Lodge Guest House Hotel. Combining both mouthwatering, authentic Scottish cuisine with the airy, spacious, and laid back atmosphere of our glass house, the Conservatory Restaurant is the ideal place for a casual dinner with friends, a romantic supper with a loved one, or a lively celebratory event. Not hungry? No problem! Our bar area is ideal for enjoying a refreshing beer after a busy day sightseeing in Edinburgh.
What makes our Conservatory Restaurant so unique is the blend of succulent Scottish fare and spectacular service that you won’t find at any other restaurant nearby and if you're visiting the ERI, we're the nearest restaurant to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary. During the day, our glass roof makes it feel as if you’re dining al fresco (even if it’s raining!), while at night the conservatory is one of the best places in the city to gaze out at the moon and stars without getting a chill. It’s this one-of-a-kind atmosphere that makes us the go-to place for all manner of occasions and parties.
Our talented Executive Chef and enthusiastic and skilled culinary and catering teams are happy to cater for parties and events for up to 60 guests. Our menu is simple yet vibrant, with plenty to suit all tastes and palates. We’re experienced in hosting birthdays, christenings, weddings, funerals, and more, so give us a call and see what we can do for you. We’re confident we can provide you with an unforgettable dining experience that will far exceed your expectations.
Conservatory Restaurant open Monday - Friday.
À la carte Menu - 3 Course for £22.50
- Chefs Homemade Soup of the Day with Bread Roll
- Haggis Neeps and Tatties with a Wee Whisky Sauce
- Sticky Chilli Tiger Prawns on Dressed Chinese Salad
- Isle of Arran Goats Cheese with Red Onion Tart and Tomato Chutney
- *Aberdeen Ang Steak (Grilled to order) with Field Mushroom, Beef Tomato, Onion Rings and Hand Cut Chips with a Peppercom Sauce
- Chicken Piri Piri, oven baked, with Sweet and Sour Tomatos, Homemade Wedges and Garlic Pitta
- Loin of Lamb with Minted Sweet Tomato Dressing, New Potatoes and Fine Green Beans
- East Coast Breaded Haddock with Hand Cut Chips, Garden Peas and Tartare Sauce
- Supreme of Chicken Paprika on Serrano Ham and Red Onion with Roast Potatoes and Baton Carrots
- Spinach and Ricotta Tortellini in a Mascarpone and Tomato Sauce with Dressed Salad and Garlic Pitta
- Roast Dame of Salmon Provencal, Mixed Peppers, Green Beans and Red Onion in a Tangy Tomato and Basil Sauce served with Buttered New Potatos
- *Please Note there is a £3 Supplement for Steak and Cheese Platter
- Strawberry Creme Brule with Shortbread
- Fresh Fruit with choice of Ice Cream
- *Cheese Platter with Benbecula Oatcakes and Quince Jelly
- Homemade Apple Pie with Fresh Whipped Cream and Caramel Sauce